HOW WAS HÜBSCH SIGNIFICANT FOR BADEN?
Heinrich Hübsch was the director of the Karlsruhe school of architecture between 1832 and 1854 and the court building director as of 1842. In both positions, he followed in the footsteps of his teacher, Friedrich Weinbrenner. His buildings can be found in Baden and the surrounding area, for example, the front wing of the Staatliche Kunsthalle and the orangeries in Karlsruhe, the pump room in Baden-Baden and the western facade of the Speyer Cathedral. His court theater, once also located in the botanical gardens, was replaced with the Federal Constitutional Court after World War II.